First blog
I have been meaning to start this blog, but who has time? I'm busy changing diapers (not my favorite), reading to the kids (one of my favorites), cooking (definitely my favorite). I don't know if anyone will find my thoughts important, but it's important to me to say them. So here it is.
I find as a mother that God speaks to me through my children. Not so much what they say to me. More often it's what I hear myself saying to them. Maybe He speaks to them through me. I don't know how it works, but I know there is much Grace in parenting. This blog will chronicle some of the things God teaches me as I do the best I can as a mother.
I also think that being a good mother to my children means being a good wife to my children's father, so sometimes I might write about what God teaches me about marriage. Marriage and children are both pictures of our relationship with God (God as our Father, and Christ as our Bridegroom), and He speaks through both relationships if we will listen. Well, He's speaking even if we don't listen. So we might as well listen. After all, wouldn't it be a good idea to buy a vacuum cleaner, and then ask the maker how to use it? God created marriage and children, so why don't we listen to His advice about them more often? Most of the time we listen to the advice of our friends who also don't know how the product works. Even if your friends have been using the vacuum cleaner for years and have dinner with the manufacturer every week, they still don't know as much about it as the maker.
Well, that's all the time we have for today folks. Tune in next time when I talk about... something else.
Hasta
I find as a mother that God speaks to me through my children. Not so much what they say to me. More often it's what I hear myself saying to them. Maybe He speaks to them through me. I don't know how it works, but I know there is much Grace in parenting. This blog will chronicle some of the things God teaches me as I do the best I can as a mother.
I also think that being a good mother to my children means being a good wife to my children's father, so sometimes I might write about what God teaches me about marriage. Marriage and children are both pictures of our relationship with God (God as our Father, and Christ as our Bridegroom), and He speaks through both relationships if we will listen. Well, He's speaking even if we don't listen. So we might as well listen. After all, wouldn't it be a good idea to buy a vacuum cleaner, and then ask the maker how to use it? God created marriage and children, so why don't we listen to His advice about them more often? Most of the time we listen to the advice of our friends who also don't know how the product works. Even if your friends have been using the vacuum cleaner for years and have dinner with the manufacturer every week, they still don't know as much about it as the maker.
Well, that's all the time we have for today folks. Tune in next time when I talk about... something else.
Hasta

2 Comments:
At 10:31 PM ,
Kurt Rockarts said...
I really like you. really.
At 11:12 PM ,
Sara said...
Well, thanks, Kurt. I like you, too. I'm glad we can admit that to each other.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home